07 October 2007

Safely Home


Archi's Mum here. Pleased as punch to announce that Riena is safe and back in the house, in her house.

I did what I hate to do, but was better than leaving her out on her own. I locked the pups in the house and stuck a hose in the down under and flooded it. She came out, we played a short game of slow chase ... i walk slowly behind her and wait for her to hide behind something and then pick her up.

She'd never admit it but I think she's happy to be back in.

Once the puppy is more calm around the bunnies (he is getting better in spite of anything Archi Ann might say) I'll make her a house rabbit again. She was really good as a house bun, waking me up in the morning, doing bunny 500s and binkies in the living room!

And Archi got some time in her run today again. You can see her behind Cinnamon's ear :-)





















Thanks all for your encouragement. I will finally sleep well now that my girl is back in!

13 comments:

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Yay, Riena! Welcome home!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad Riena is back home. Sometimes we have to do things we don't like in order to keep our pets safe. You did the right thing, and I am sure Riena is thrilled to be back home and safe. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks both of you! I kind of figured flushing her out with water was better than O'Reilly catching her first.

Anonymous said...

Hi there Archi Ann! It's nice to meet you! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm glad Riena was able to be brought back in the house. I live in an apartment so I can't go outside. She must have enjoyed the freedom, but I'm sure she feels safer inside!

Zinger said...

Great to meet you too Lola! I added you to my warren list too yesterday so I'll remember to come visit you often!

The Cat Realm said...

Hello Archi rabbit - would you like to be a judge in the panel for best noms costume at the Halloween contest blog that Skeezix organized??
Email me
thecatrealm at gmail dot com
Karl

Zinger said...

Gee thanks Karl, I just emailed you - I'd be happy to.

Artie said...

I'm so happy Riena is back inside. I think having others around might help her a bit with her grief.

Love the rabbit gate!

Zinger said...

Thanks Hilda! I couldn't find a link so that I could come visit your site too - will keep looking but if you happen back by let me know so I can visit you!

Ellie said...

Awww, glad to see she's back safe and sound. And good thinking on the mini-flood...I'd never have thought to do that.

Anonymous said...

Me too D. Elizabeth! She got a little skinny only being able to come out at night to forage and has been catching up on her munching since she's been in :-)

Artie said...

Archi Ann,

I don't have a blogger site yet, although I do have a catster page (http://www.catster.com/cats/109554).

purrs,
Hilda

Zinger said...

cool thanks for the link Hilda. those are great pictures of you. you are quite a beautiful cat! and it's nice to meet you! thanks for stopping by my blog!