11 April 2008

chillin' with a good book ...

Our new friend Tiger Lily tagged us for the book meme.

Here are the rules:

1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people and post a comment to Tiger Lily once you have posted it.

Well Archi Ann wanted to do The Little Prince because she really wants me to reread it. She thinks i spend way too much time on "Matters of Consequence" and not enough time enjoying life! Unfortunately it only has 92 pages. So we thought, lets use page 23 but page 23 has a picture of the baobabs on it!

So I took over the blog and am doing a book I am reading called God is the Gospel by John Piper.

We have, not just will have, eternal life.
This is real and precious and permanent.
"I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand." (John 10:28)


Archi, meanwhile, is hunkered down in her house protecting her bed from Big Dumb Puppy. He has taken to sticking his head in her house to steal her bed and play with it. I guess if it's stuffed, he thinks it's his toy!


"You touch-a my bed, i bite-a your face"


Archi wants to tag -

Jan's Funny Farm
Lola the Lovely Lop
Katie and Puddy
Andrewbun
and our newest friends Sasha and Max

UPDATE - Our pals at House of Rabbits is going to give it a try so check out their site for their book choice too!!!

This is really a fun meme!

15 comments:

Artie said...

The NERVE! Stealing your bed. That is really too much. You're going to have to teach him a lesson, Archi!

Tiger Lily said...

That sounds like an excellent book! God's love is such a wonderful blessing.

I hope your Big Dumb Puppy learns his lesson soon Archi!

Anonymous said...

Oh Archi don't let those barkers take your bed! *Thump*

Sames Blogs said...

Archi, You think you are so smart? I admit it took me awhile to figure out what TAGGED meant. since I didnt see any paint on my fur. But I gotcha... I figured it out. Pray for mercy!
I dont understand what the big deal is about letting puppy have a bite of your bed. At least he isnt biting you, is he?
--Sasha the princess
www.danesview.blogspot.com

DK & The Fluffies said...

A thousand doots on that BDP!

Bogdan, the editor said...

Ooooo. Bite his face!!!!

RG said...

Now that is ATTITUDE Archi!

This book meme is going to be fun to watch!!

RG said...

Well we'll give it the meme a try .. thanks. The durn trouble is I'm trying to read the new book by Ehardt Tolle(?) and so far about every other sentence is about how we are all insane!

But, I have some backup!

RG said...

OK OK .. we did it ... you have to look in the comments on our site to see the answer though. Thanks for the opportunity!

Christine said...

Aw geez, Puppy will learn what's what soon enough, I hope! Love the meme - gosh, what book out of the dozens close by should I pick?
....

meemsnyc said...

Stealing your bed! How rude!

YowlYY said...

Hi Archi, Hugo and I don't have dog friends in the house, however our mum told us that Sir Harvey, one of our predecessors, used to keep at bay two doggies wo were living in the house. The doggies luckily never got to invade Sir Harvey's space, because there was a baby gate installed in the living room so they could only stay outside. Still, every now and then, when the doggies were relaxing in front of the living room, one tail or another will land inside the living room and Sir Harvey used to target them as if they were the enemy, invading his space. I wish I could have seen the doggies take in their tail and move to more friendly spaces...LOL!
On another note, your mum seems to be a bookworm like our mum ;-)

Karen Jo said...

That sounds like a really good book. You guard your bed well, Archi Ann. That Big Dumb Puppy has a lot of nerve, trying to steal your bed.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tag! We just did it!

Anonymous said...

Well, we did it... not sure how interesting anyone will be in it, but we did it.