13 February 2007

'round 'round get around i get around...

I get around pretty good, in spite of my funky front legs. I fell outta my cage when I was a baby bun and they've been like this ever since. My mom said I look like I'm doing the breast stroke when I walk. Last fall I fell off my shelf and now my left leg points backwards, it doesn't really work at all anymore. i make up for it with my bunnitude. i have to act tough around other bunnies so they don't know i'm not as fast, that's why i don't get along with them. i can do wind sprints and binkies. and i'm really enjoying being outta my house all the time. this morning i even woke up my mom - standing on my back legs and sniffing her face as she slept. i've never done that before. i just am really liking getting to run around and even am getting to like the dogs. i'm glad my mom found a good home for bilbo so that i could come out.

my name is archi because my mom's sister who had me when i was a baby thought i was a boy and because where the white meets brown on my back she said looks like Jughead from the Archie comics but she didn't want to name me Jughead so she named me archie. so my mom kept it - i like my name - it's very unique for a girl.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, Archi is a very unique name. You are so very brave for toughing it out even though every step you take is hard on you. You are my idol!

Dopey

BunnyLuver said...

How old are you, archi?

Zinger said...

i think i'm three but not sure - my mom said she'll look it up for me - i was born in the spring and lived in Tucson with my mom's kid sister for a while before my mom brought me home and we don't remember how long ago that was!

how old are your fluffy critters

Anonymous said...

Hi,

This is Dopey's mum typing. We're going to be moving in about a month to a new place and I'm planning on giving free roam of the whole kitchen to Dopey then.

Because of that, I'm planning on downgrading his cage to a normal pet store cage instead. When I fostered bunnies for a rescue, the pet store cages seemed much harder to clean than Dopey's current NIC condo. Do you find the cage easy to clean? Are there any routines you do with it that makes it easier/quicker? For example, I use a hand dustpan + broom for his condo right now.

Anyway, just getting some input before I make up my mind to take apart his cage.

Thanks in advance!

- Kathy

BunnyLuver said...

I heard Bungee was born 5/05
Mabel was probably born around 8/05
Hugo is a mystery...I've had him since 9/05, and he was a yound adult...

DK & The Fluffies said...

We love your name Archie!

-Fiona & Orlando Bun

Simone said...

Yeah, Archi's a cool name. Sure glad it was chosen instead of Jughead! Hrmph.

Mrs. Sniffles said...

Hi Archi! I like your name too.