30 August 2007

Peace...

Recently there was a very ill feral cat that had moved in to the rabbit den under my shed. I was able to flood it out and get it to animal control so they could help it. In the process I was also finally able to catch Luther and Riena so that they could come inside and be safe from the puppies who love to chase them (but wouldn't hurt them). Riena is actually very happy about the situation. Much like Archi, she seems quite content to be her house while I am working with O'Reilly to accept them into his pack. He's doing well too. He's more curious than anything and likes the rabbits.

He also still loves his pool and goes out in the morning to take a dip, then comes in for a nap!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, more bunnies! Does Archi Ann like her new friends? Have they always lived under the house until now?

Zinger said...

Luther and Riena have been outdoor buns. I got Luther (black bun) after Clyde passed so that Riena could be outside again. Riena and Archi Ann are not friends, in fact they would kill each other given the chance. So right now Archi Ann is in the living room and L&R are in the bedroom. I prefer to have them inside but L&R do better outside. So once O'Reilly is better trained they'll happily move back out.

Miss Steffy said...

There are two older bunnies at a local pet hoarding shop, deplorable conditions, I was filled with sadness as i looked upon their waterless dishes and cloudy eyes, i may be taking in 2 rabbits. I try and save room for animals in most need, gosh..i cant stop thinking of them, i have never had rabbits.....

Zinger said...

rabbits are amazing and fun critters - i wish you the best if you do decide to take them in.

let me know if you want some tips for economical care :-)