06 February 2008

Veronica?

So I thought this was a great picture to show you how I got my name. My Mum's little sister adopted me when i was just a furry baby bun. They all thought I was a boy. Risti saw the white against brown sillouette and thought it made the shape of Jughead from the Archie comics. See the tip of his hair outline on the top left and then the face and nose. But she kindly did not want to name me Jughead (thanks Risti) so she named me Archie.

But alas, when my Mum adopted me from Risti and brought me to California from Tucson and took me to the vet for a little *ahem* surgery, they said "You should have named her Veronica!" Mum thought (and I agreed) that Archi was still a good name and she just added Ann. I like it pretty much.

Her Mum now says, "I don't know what you do out there in California but when we gave you that bunny it was a boy!"

humans. weird!

oh and notice by how bright it is around... it's SUNNY again! even warm! i hope it stays

12 comments:

Deb Cushman said...

I like your name, Archi Ann! It fits you. Can't imagine calling you anything else=:-)

My name story isn't as exciting. They call me Freckles 'cuz, well, um, I've got spots! I think I've probably always been a girl, but then I don't remember much before I was found and brought to Deb's house.

Zinger said...

Well i think it's a perfect name for you and like me, you're really lucky to live where you do! humans can be weird but they do take good care of us ;-)

DK & The Fluffies said...

I think you are a perfect Archi Ann! Gung Hay Fat Choy!

Anonymous said...

I love your name and it was very interesting to hear how you got it. I am a fan of Archi's comics - my favourite of course is Betty. :)

RG said...

That surely is a picture of jughead .. never saw that side of you before! I agree ... Archie Ann is a fine name for you, although I do have a suspicion about maybe a different name that I will announce a little later!

Zinger said...

dk&co - thanks! and Gung Hay Fat Choy to you as well ;-) glad i went to your site to see what that meant!!

katie - hey i'd like betty better than veronica but i like archi cuz it's unique for a girl!

rabbits' guy - thanks for the compliment and i'm a little worried about what you're thinking...

Anonymous said...

Don't worry Archi ann, they did the furry same to me! Remember, they called me "Mandie Mae" for two months! *Ahem*

YowlYY said...

Archi Ann is a top class bunny name... to my shame I have to say that I did only manage to chose the name for BillieBun, but the rest...Nik got his name from a friend of mine, and Hugo got named by Mr.D!
I could say I am not a name person, but I guess Hugo doesn't mind...as long as I give him plenty of cuddles!

Jan Price said...

We like Archie Ann. It's a good name for a girl.

But how you changed from a boy bunny to a girl is a mystery.

jan's funny farm

Zinger said...

Andrewbun - I didn't realize and I'm glad they changed your name. That certainly would not fit a regal fellow such as yourself!

yowlyy-thanks! and don't worry of all of us that mum has had over the years she's named very few, most came named or she couldn't think of a good one and someone else did!

jan - thanks and the boy to girl thing is probably a california thing! or maybe it's just cuz we buns are very modest so it's hard for humans to tell!

Steffy said...

Its hard being mistaken for a boy wens you a girl,,but what about being a boy and being named Betty? That was my name untill mommy got home from work, i was a surprise for her, and relized i was a boy!!Daddy was shockd..~King Solomon formerly Betty.

The Cat Realm said...

Humans can be very dumb sometimes! Brainball from the Ballici was thought to be a girl for a long time. Wrongfully!