10 December 2007

Monday Bunday...

Introducing...

Bun About Town


Hello there all my fur-riends and human bloggers too! My Mum told me about a tragic incident at the kennel/warren/chaos this weekend and being the concerned Bun that I am I wanted to get some opinions on it.

I'll save my opinion for last!

Here's the issue. Mum woke up Saturday to find her Bible, her friends copy of "Cesar's Way" by Cesar Millan and another friends' book cover all chewed up by the new foster puppy, Betsy. She knows it was Betsy cuz the other pups don't chew stuff like that but stick to their own stuff.


Mum says it's ok because Betsy is still learning how to live in a pack and in a house. Everything is new to her and she needs to learn what is ok and what isn't. So she's not upset at Betsy though she is very sad about losing a good chunk of the Bible her best friend gave her for her 30th birthday.

I wanted to find out what the Buns around thought about it - I'm not interviewing the dogs here because I'm sure they'd stand up for Betsy.

Riena, what do you think about this issue with Betsy chewing the Bible and other books?


Mphf - that's just silly, obviously she can't read so why would she try to chew a book? I smelled beef ribs cooking the other night so I'm sure she gets plenty of those!


And Zinger - as a Dutch bun like me, and naturally extremely intelligent, what is your take on this?

Oh my goodness, I can't eat! That's just ridiculous. I would never do that! Take away this bunny crack Mum - I can't even look at it. I've lost my appetite!

(mum wants me to note that Zinger STILL has not eaten the bunny crack)

As for me, Archi Ann, smartest animal in this family, I'm appalled! Granted, while mum had me in the house roaming free before Big Dumb Puppy (the first one O'Reilly) came, i never chewed a book! Well, okay, maybe i did, but only the spines, I would never ruin the insides. Well, sigh, I guess the covers were quite tasty too but never more than that! Well... sometimes, oh nevermind! At any rate I can't understand my Mum's attraction to those dumb dogs when they go and do stuff like this.

Hrumph, i'm disturbed. Excuse me I need to go away for awhile!

Hey Archi - where ya goin? is this camera still on? I'm not done...

What do YOU think?!

11 comments:

Christine said...

Well, Archie, maybe it's because I'm a single bun and boss of the house here that I had to learn to forgive rotten behavior. welllll... okay, I can't talk, my teefmarks were discovered on Daddy's Beach Boys box set. Never mind. Hmmph!

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Tidbit says if Betsy wants to know more about God, she should be extra-good on the leash and see if she can get her human to take her to church. She also says that if that was a King James Bible, there's no way a mere dog was going to understand all those funny words, anyway.

Anonymous said...

Aw that's sad that your Mum's Bible was chewed on - I'm sure it was an accident! Maybe Betsy needs to get her own books to chew on - and the special books need to be locked up at night!

Katie @ A Byootaful Life

RG said...

Hey guys ... just wait until Mr. Milan gets wind of this. He does not particularly like dogs who do that stuff, ya know? Especially to his own book! Maybe if you give him a little call ....

Anonymous said...

Archie I agree. I don't know what all the fuss is about with these dogs. My grandma has one and all he does is whine and whine. What a pain! We buns know how to control ourselves! When we nibble, we don't excessively damage!

Zinger said...

Nips'n'cuddles - its' ok i think our humans expect us to ahem "inspect" their books and cd box sets and things for them. we are quality control!

bunnygirl & tidbit - good point - it is the nkjv so it's a little better but betsy can't even read!

katie - maybe they make doggie chew toy books. i think mum needs to be more careful!

rabbits' guy - maybe mum should send a pic of Cesar's book to him and he'll come and do some training! good idea!

lola - A-Men! dogs just don't make sense!

Christine said...

Yeah, quality control, that's it...q.c....
Thanks for linking back to us, we're gonna stop by here as often as we can, too!
Binkies - and remember, books are just printed paper, it's the ideas they contain that count!

Anonymous said...

nips-n-cuddles- EXACTLY which is why it didn't phase me too much - bummed me out a little but hey it's replaceable and so it's OK!

Ellie said...

Hmmm. A bible AND a Cesar Millan book? That's just not good. Not good t'all. I think SOMEBODY needs to be rolled over on their belly, STAT. ;)

RG said...

Hey Arch ... actually The Princess is half-Dutch so maybe she is half smartest, although she is surely Queen here at "The House Of" ...

Her father was Big Bad Boy and I'll try to remember to post a picture of BBB one of these days.

Anonymous said...

If Betsy is anything like the Barkers at my warren, she is dumb and lazy.
They should be working on their cord shortening skills daily, like me. Hrmph!

Andrewbun