27 March 2008

in defense of the bath...

Ok I know, I'm just horrible, bathing a bun and all! Archi's front arms don't work so good and she was quite dirty! But she definitely does not approve!

Here's my defense. Everything in her enclosure died, except the dirt! So now I'm tearing it up and going to replant. I need to plant plenty of Basil, Cilantro and all kinds of other yummy stuff, plus grass to relax on! Unfortunately for her it'll probably take about a month. I'll add more dirt and plant this weekend but i want the plants to take solid root and get big before I move her back in.

Here is O'Reilly helping clean up some of the bunny poo - he's so helpful!


And I think what I'm going to have to do here is cut the front off the hutch. She took to doing all her potty stuff in the front portion on the dirt and I couldn't get in there and clean it out. The hutch was hooked to the fencing keeping me from pulling it up to clean it out. I was quite concerned but have not wanted to bring her back inside with the pup. If I had it my way she'd live in the house. Today I opened her cage door so she could hop out but O'Reilly just won't leave her alone. Sigh...
and archi approves of the redo'ing her enclosure part of this message, not the bath part or the part about this probably taking a month allowing time for the plants to take solid root.

5 comments:

DK & The Fluffies said...

Basil and Cilantro and Thyme and Lavender and Sage and Parsley and grass...

Jans Funny Farm said...

We came by to catch up on your posts and can see you've been quite busy around there. A new pup looking for a home, etc. We're sorry you had to endure a bath for no good reason. (Being dirty is NOT good reason.)

Deb Cushman said...

Remodeling and new landscaping -- How exciting! (But, what a stress on the residents!) Oh, well, Archi Ann, sounds like your mum was doing it all for you. Maybe you should forgive her! Think how wonderful it will all be when it's done!

The Bunns said...

Well, we sort of agree Arch. Mum is just thinking of you. (She hasn't got you cooped up in some teeny weeny cage has she???)

It sounds like the results will be worth it .. like REALLY worth it!

The Cat Realm said...

Oh my - that is one of the most disapproving looks on a bunny I have ever seen! But I understand! We cats HATE to bath (and never should be subjected to it)too!!!